If your child is anything like mine- refuses to eat anything related to the vegetable family... This pasta/lasagne sauce will be a life saver. We have hidden the usual suspects in a yummy sauce that even adults will love!
1 Hour & 45 Min
- 1 Box of no-boil lasagna noodles- I like to use Trader Joe’s (you can also use classic boiled lasagna noodles)
- ¼ Cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Bologn-easy meat sauce recipe
- 1 Béchamel sauce recipe
- 5 OZ. Fresh Mozzarella cheese-cubed
- 2 Cups of shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Fresh Parsley for garnish
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Prepare your Bologn-easy sauce and set aside.
- Prepare your Béchamel sauce.
- Then over low heat add your cubed Mozzarella cheese to your Béchamel sauce stirring vigorously with a wooden spoon until cheese is fully blended into a smooth sauce. Set aside on very low heat until lasagna assembly.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees while you assemble your Lasagna.
- Grease your 10x 13” baking dish with nonstick spray. If using a smaller pan you will have more layers which may require a longer cooking time.
- Start your layers by smoothing a thin layer of sauce on bottom of your baking dish.
- Then arrange a single layer of noodles along the bottom of your dish.
- Spoon 1/3 of your Bologn-easy sauce over the noodles, making sure that your noodles are covered completely.
- Spread a thin layer of Béchamel sauce on top of meat sauce.
- Then Sprinkle a thin layer of your shredded Mozzarella cheese over Béchamel sauce.
- Repeat process 2-3 times depending on the size of your dish.
- Noodles, Bolognese sauce, Béchamel sauce, shredded Mozzarella cheese.
- You should end with the top being the Béchamel sauce and shredded Mozzarella cheese.
- Sprinkle top layer evenly with Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper, and set dish aside for about 30 minutes so your noodles can absorb the juices.
- Cover with tin foil - Leave one edge slightly open for ventilation.
- Bake covered for 30 minutes, then remove tin foil and bake for another 20 minutes at 375 degrees until cheese topping is brown and bubbly.
- Remove from oven and let cool for about 10-15 minutes.
- Serve with a side of rustic bread & butter, garlic bread, or salad of choice.
- In a large pot, boil your water. Then add your salt and olive oil. (This adds some flavor to your noodles)
- Add noodles and stir to separate any that are sticking together. Boil for about 10 minutes or al dente.
- Remove from heat, drain, and lay out noodles on a paper towel in a single layer until use.