These yummy snacks are the perfect grab n’ go for the
kiddos- just add chocolate and they are irresistible!
12-14 in standard muffin tins
- 3 Tbsp. Salted butter-Melted
- 4 Extra-large eggs
- 1 1/2 Cups All-Purpose Flour- Sifted
- 1 1/2 Cups of Low-fat milk- Lukewarm
- 1/2 Tsp. Salt
- Preheat oven to 445 degrees F. positioning your shelf on the lower part of the oven and making sure the next shelf up is on top to allow room for your popovers to rise.
- Coat your jumbo muffin pans with canola spray and wipe with a paper towel to coat evenly making sure to grease the tops of the pan too.
- Using a handheld mixer, whisk together in a large bowl- eggs, salt, and lukewarm milk until egg mixture is a bit frothy and no dark yellow egg streaks remain. ( I like to use one with a pour spout for easy and mess-free filling of muffin pans.)
- Add 1 1/2 cups of sifted flour and combine well with the mixer. Add your melted butter and stir with a large spoon to combine well.
- Once the batter is done, quickly fill your muffin tins with batter filling them up to about 2/3 full -just below the top.
- Place tins in the preheated oven for 15 minutes, checking periodically to make sure the popovers are not getting too browned.
- After 15 minutes are up- turn the heat off and let stand in the oven for another 5 minutes or until the popovers have popped over the top of the pan and they look golden brown.
- If they are too brown at 15 minutes, then either turn your pans carefully around to brown the other side or if they look done and popped over, then remove from the oven.
- Let them cool 5 minutes before serving.
- Fill the centers with Israeli chocolate spread while they are still very warm.
- Dust with powdered sugar and serve warm-optional.