This has become an anytime staple in our home in many variations,
including savory ham & cheese or yummy chocolate for the kiddos!
10 min. prep/ 45 min. in refrigerator
8-10 crepe depending on size
- 1 Cup All-Purpose flour
- 2 Large eggs
- 1/2 Cup water
- 3/4 Cup Milk
- 3 Tbsp. of butter melted
- Canola spray and butter for pan
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine all of your ingredients except butter and canola spray for the pan.
- Whisk until a smooth batter has formed, about 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in the melted butter and combine until smooth.
- Cover and set in refrigerator for 30-45 min. This helps reduce bubbles.
- Heat a medium non stick pan( like an omelet pan) over medium heat, and spray lightly. It's best in a shallow lipped non-stick pan-for easier swirling and less curled edges.
- Add a small amount of canola spray to coat pan and add 1/4 Cup batter to pan.
- Quickly lift from heat and carefully swirl your pan around to get batter to coat entire pan evenly. This should be a very thin layer in your pan now.
- Cook for about 30 seconds and flip carefully, using a rubber spatula and your fingers and cook for another 15-20 seconds. ( I prefer to use a rubber spatula to lift the edge of the crepe and flip with a wide rubber flat spatula)
- When they look light and golden, remove from pan and place on a cutting board.
- Make sure they are all flat when stacked to cool, or use immediately for your dish.
- Your batter can be kept for up to 48 hours in refrigerator.
- You can make all of the crepes and store in parchment paper stacked flat in a zip-lock for easy reheat. Storing them flat prevents cracking.
- To reheat-get a pan and spray lightly with canola spray and place crepe in pan over medium heat for 1-2 minutes, flipping to heat both sides evenly.