Green Goddess Za'atar Toast
A quick and zesty morning pick me up or easy snack
- Make your tahini sauce
- I like to make a big batch -it keeps for a couple of weeks
and can be used in multiple recipes. (see other recipes using tahini sauce.)
- Slice and lightly toast your bread- I like a good rustic bread, but really
you can use any bread you prefer.
- Make your avocado mash: Remove pit and skin of avocado and gently mash it in
a bowl, add a pinch of salt.
- Boil eggs: I like mine slightly soft - about 9 to 10 minutes
but you can boil to your liking
- Place toasted bread on a serving plate.
- Add a generous spoonful , or more if you wish of Tahini sauce on top of bread.
- Generously smooth avocado mash on top of sauce.
- Arrange sliced boiled egg on top of avocado mash.
- Sprinkle all over with green or pink Za’atar
(Green is more savory because of the dill and the pink is a tad sweeter due to the Sumac).
Add your chopped fresh Dill and sprinkle on top
Garnish with lemon myrtle salt-a generous sprinkle to garnish.
or try one from our salt collectionThen try not to eat in all in one bite!