Sweeten up your Valentine's Day and make your sweetie swoon with this craft cocktail duo of delicious grapefruit & vodka cocktails, perfect for sipping the night away.
1.5 oz. Chilled Vodka
Splash of Aperol
1 oz. Fresh squeezed Grapefruit juice
1/2 Fresh Lime-Squeezed
1/4-1/2 Cup of Ginger Beer
1.5 oz. Chilled Citron Vodka
1/2 oz of Aperol
1 oz. of Fresh squeezed Grapefruit juice
3/4 oz. Fresh lemon juice
1/2 oz. Rosewater
1 Egg white (using a pasteurized egg)
1 Three inch long lemon peel x 1/2" wide and a cocktail stick- for heart peel garnish (see notes below)
Combine all ingredients excluding the ginger beer and shake vigorously with ice.
Poor in a rocks glass tumbler 3/4 full with one large ice cube and top with ginger beer.
Garnish with lime zest & fresh mint.
Combine all ingredients in a shaker with chipped ice and shake vigorously until the egg whites have emulsified & frothy.
Strain into a coupe glass, and spoon foam on top.
Garnish with fresh mint and lemon-heart peel. ( See below notes for how to make your lemon peel heart garnish.)
To create your heart garnishes:
• Cut your lemon in half and then into a 1/2" wide wheel.
• Carefully cut into the top of the peel on one side and open up your wheel.
• Scrape out the lemon, leaving a thin peel strip.
• Cut your peel down the center- lengthwise, leaving the ends attached-about an 1/8".
• Gently open each end out and fold the top ends into the center, about half way and pierce with your cocktail stick working from right to left through the middle of your peel to create a heart shape. There should be 4 piercings.
• Pull out your sides of your heart peel to finesse your shape.