Classic Hollandaise Sauce
This tricky lil sauce is the perfect added touch to any Eggs Benedict, grilled asparagus, poached fish, or Cordon Bleu...But watch out, it’s totally addictive!
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/2 A juiced lemon
- 1/2 Cup of good butter
- 1 Tsp. cold water
- 1/2 Tsp. salt
- 1/2 Tsp. pepper
- Chopped fresh Italian Parsley for garnish
- Smoked Paprika for garnish
- Melt your butter in a small sauce pan until slightly foaming but not brown.
- Then heat a pot with about 1” of water on medium to low heat, and bring to a simmer.
- In a stainless steel bowl, whisk the eggs and lemon juice vigorously until combined and thickened slightly.
- Reduce heat slightly and place a steel bowl over the simmering pot making sure the pan is not touching the simmering water(or your eggs will scramble) and continue to vigorously whisk while adding your melted butter at a slow and steady pace.
- Keep whisking making sure your sauce doesn’t get too hot.
- Remove from heat and whisk in your salt and pepper.
- Garnish with smoked paprika and chopped Parsley.
Notes:If your sauce gets too thick or looks like it’s separating, then add 1 -2 teaspoons of your simmering water while whisking over medium-low heat.
This should correct it, but if it doesn’t, then try adding another whisked egg yolk and whisk until smooth.