Swedish Snowball Cookies
Get this look: Vintage Road Runner Cake Stand
Variations of this cookie recipe has been passed down for three generations in our family... These little bites are perfect for any holiday gathering or for sweet lil' nibble with a warm cup of coffee or a delicious hot toddy
About 24 cookie (depending on size)
- 1 Cup of butter (2 Sticks -slightly melted)
- 4 Tbsp of Powdered sugar plus more for dusting later
- 2 Tsp of pure Vanilla extract (we use Vanilla Bourbon from Trader Joes)
- 2 Cups of All purpose flour
- 1 Cup of Walnuts- Chopped
- 1 Cup of Pecans- Chopped (candied pecans are also yummy)
- 1/4 Tsp of Salt
- Preheat oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit (or 390 if your oven runs hot).
- Combine your butter, salt, vanilla and sugar with a hand mixer until creamy.
- Then add the flour, and nuts then combine with a wooden spoon until it holds together- you may need to use hands at this point.
- Roll your mixture into quarter size balls and place on a un-greased baking sheet, or parchment lined sheet evenly spaced apart.
- Place in oven on center rack for about 10-13 minutes until light golden but not too brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes or so, then gently roll each cookie in the powdered sugar to coat evenly and place on parchment lined cooling rack.