Deviled Eggs Quartet
Wickedly Good Deviled Eggs Quartet: This is a wickedly delicious modern take on an old school dish that will leave your guests fighting over the last egg...guaranteed!
- 7-9 large eggs (I like to make 1 or 2 more than recipe, so I can taste the goods.)
- 1-1½ Tbsp. Spicy Relish (Pickles Relish is a good option) You can also sub with regular relish if you like it more mild.
- ⅓ Cup Mayonnaise
- 1-2 Tbsp. of Dijon Mustard
- ¼ Tsp. Celery Salt
- Pinch of white pepper
- 1/4 Tsp. Salt plus more if desired when tasting
Sriracha and Bacon with Sumac:
- 1 Tsp. of Hot and Sweet Jalapeños (Trader Joe’s is preferred.)
- 3-4 pieces of crispy chopped bacon
- ½ Tsp. of Sriracha-More if you like it hotter!
- Garnish - Sumac or Za'atar
- ¼ Cup of fresh Crab meat (cleaned de-shelled)
- ½ Tsp. of Wasabi paste- more if you like it hot
- Garnish - 1-1½ Tsp. of pickled Ginger
- Garnish- Fresh chopped Chives
- ½ Tsp. of ground Turmeric
- ¼ Tsp. of ground Cumin
- Garnish - ¼ Cup of golden pickled tomatoes
- Garnish- Israeli Sweet Paprika or Smoked Paprika
- 1 Tsp. finely chopped fresh Dill
- In a large sauce pan bring enough water to cover your eggs to a boil, then add a dash of distilled vinegar and lower heat to a simmer.
- Add your room temperature eggs gently to the simmering water with a large slotted spoon.
- Simmer for about 11 minutes, then remove from heat.
- Gently pour cold water into the pan until water is cooled, then gently crack each egg on 2 sides and place them back in the pot for about 5 minutes. This makes peeling the egg much easier!
- Under running water, gently peel the eggs and set on a paper towel to dry.
- Next, cut your eggs in half lengthwise and gently scoop out the hard yolks into a bowl and place egg white halves in your egg tray or serving dish of choice -See our vintage egg dishes under Vintage Finds for great serving options.
- Add your mustard, celery salt, relish, dash of salt & pepper to taste.
- Add mayonnaise starting with half of a ⅓ cup and keep adding the rest until you reach the perfect consistency, making sure the mixture is not too runny because you will be adding other ingredients to this mixture for each kind of egg.
- Mix well and divide the egg mixture evenly between 4 small bowls.
Sriracha and Bacon with Sumac
- Add all ingredients for Sriracha eggs to egg base-with exception of garnishes, and combine well.
- Place a generous scoop into 1/4 of your egg white halves and top with bacon bits and fresh chives.
- Sprinkle with Sumac for garnish.
Wasabi Crab with pickled ginger
- Add all ingredients for Wasabi eggs to egg base-with exception of garnishes, and combine well.
- Place a generous scoop into 1/4 of your egg white halves and top with pickled ginger.( I like to roll them into a rose shape for added drama)
- Garnish with fresh Chives.
Golden Pickled Tomatoes
(see recipes in notes)
- Add all ingredients for Turmeric eggs to egg base-with exception of garnishes, and combine well.
- Place a generous scoop into 1/4 of your egg white halves.
- Top with a small amount of Golden Pickled Tomatoes.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of Smoked Paprika and fresh Dill.
Wicked Classic with spicy relish and Chives
- Place a generous scoop of egg mixture into 1/4 of your egg white halves.
- Garnish with Sweet or Smoked Paprika, finely chopped fresh Dill or Chives.
- Sprinkle with Himalayan Salt.
Serve immediately, or it can be chilled overnight, but let sit out for about 15 min before serving.
Sprinkle a little quality salt like pink Himalayan sea salt or lemon myrtle salt over all to taste.