Golden Pickled Tomatoes
I LOVE this recipe!! It’s an easy and delicious way to make pickled veggies that are perfect for topping off bruschetta, deviled eggs, or just snacking on with some cheese & crackers and it’s beyond good for you too!
20min + jarring time
- 3-4 Slightly unripened Heirloom tomatoes- Cut into chunks
- 1 Daikon radish- peeled and thinly sliced (or regular radish)
- 1 Small sliced red onion
- 1 C. Distilled white vinegar
- 2/3 C. Granulated sugar
- 1 Tsp. Kosher salt
- 1 Tsp. Ground Turmeric
- 1/2 Tsp. Mustard seeds
- 1/2 Tsp. Rainbow peppercorns
- 1/4 Tsp. Garlic powder
- 1/4 Tsp. Crushed red pepper
- 2 Bay leaves
- 1-2 Tbsp. Fresh chopped dill
- Combine your tomatoes, daikon, onions, and dill in your mason jar and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, your vinegar, sugar, and rest of herbs and spices and bring to a low boil-stirring until the sugar has completely dissolved.
- Remove from heat and let cool then pour over your tomato mixture to top and let cool down.
- Cover with lid and store in the refrigerator for up to 2-3 weeks.
- The mixture should be ready to eat after 2 days of marination. Serve with cheese and crackers, chèvre cheese & toast, or deviled eggs.