Kick'n Chicken Bites
A super easy and irresistible dinner for your kiddo. It’s so good you won’t be able to keep your hands off them
1 Hour & 15 Min
- 3-4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1½ C. all-purpose flour
- ½ Tsp. Cajun or Creole seasoning
- 3 Tbsp. Powdered Sugar
- 1 Cup of milk
- 1 egg
- ½ Cup of Dill pickle juice
- 1 Tsp. of salt
- ¼ Cup classic potato chip crumbs for added crunch-optional but adds flavor
- Safflower oil or Canola oil
- Prepare your chicken by cutting into 1½ cubes.
- In a medium bowl, combine pickle juice and milk.
- Add your chicken cubes, cover and place in a refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- In a large zip-lock bag combine your flour, salt, Cajun seasoning, powdered sugar, and potato chip crumbs (optional) and give it a good shake to mix well.
- Drain chicken and place in a bowl, reserving about 1/2 to 1 cup for your egg mixture.
- Add egg to milk mixture and whisk well.
- Add chicken cubes back to the egg mixture, making sure all pieces are coated with the egg mixture.
- Drain chicken from an egg with your hands and add to the flour mixture bag.
- Shake and massage the ziplock bag to make sure all chicken pieces are coated evenly.
- Remove the coated chicken pieces to a clean cutting board to dry a bit while you heat up your oil in a large deep skillet or fry pan.
* You should have at least 2-3” deep of oil for your chicken.
- Once your oil is to temp (See notes below) place your chicken cubes in small batches into the oil carefully, making sure not to overcrowd or your chicken will not be crispy.
- When they are nice and brown on all sides (about 3-4 minutes), remove and place on a few layers of paper towels to absorb excess oils. Repeat process with the rest of the chicken.
- Remove pan from heat and let the pan and oil cool completely before disposing of oil.
* Remember to never pour large amounts of oil down the drain, it will clog your pipes.
- Serve chicken bites immediately with your choice of dipping sauces- See below notes for suggestions.
- You can tell when your oil is ready for use by taking a wooden spoon or spatula and placing the tip in the heating oil, if it starts to bubble on edge of utensil then you are good to go!
- Great sauces on the side for a party are our Magic Mustard sauce, Curry Ketchup, or choices of flavored Aiolis.