Lemon Ricotta Pancake with Mascarpone Butter and Blueberry Sauce
These pancakes were inspired from my brunch'n with friends days in one of
my favorite cities -San Francisco. These are decadent and delicious-perfect for a lazy Sunday...Total Yumm!!
1.5 cups of sauce
- 1/2 Tsp. Lemon juice
- 1/4 Tsp. Lemon zest
- 1 Tsp. Vanilla (if I’m feeling sassy, I use Bourbon Vanilla)
- 4 Tbsp. of granulated sugar
- 2 Cups whole ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. Baking powder
- 1 Tsp. Salt
- 2 Large eggs
- 2 Tbsp. of vegetable oil
- Dash of ground Cinnamon
- Powdered sugar for garnish-optional
Blueberry Sauce Ingredients:
- 2 Cups of fresh blueberries-rinsed
- 2 Tbsp. Fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 Cup of water
1 1/2 Tbsp. Of cornstarch- dissolved in 2 Tbsp. water
Mascarpone Butter Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup softened butter at room temperature
- 1/3 cup Mascarpone cheese
Mascarpone Butter Preparation:
Sauce Preparation:1. In a small saucepan, bring to a boil over medium heat- your blueberries, water, sugar, and lemon juice. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer.
2. Dissolve your cornstarch in 2 Tbsp. of water and mix well.
3. Add your cornstarch mixture to the blueberries and mix gently until sauce becomes thickened.
4. Remove from heat and spoon into serving a dish of choice.
Pancakes Preparation:1. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium mixing bowl.
2. In another mixing bowl, combine buttermilk, eggs, vanilla, vegetable oil, and whisk together until smooth.
3. Add lemon juice and lemon zest, sugar, ricotta cheese, and whisk gently to combine.
4. Add your flour mixture to wet ingredients and gently stir until only small bumps from the ricotta cheese are visible in your batter- otherwise smooth.
5. Spray your pan with canola spray and heat your skillet over medium heat. Not too high, or they will burn...
6. Add 1/2 Tsp. of butter to pan and coat.
Using a 1/2 measuring cup, spoon batter onto skillet to form around a 5-6” round.
7. Let cook for about 2 minutes or until the batter starts to foam and gently flip to the other side.
8. Cook for about another 1 1/2-2 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through. Remove pancakes to a large plate.
9. Repeat with the rest of the batter.
* Serve with a spoonful of mascarpone butter, fresh blueberries, and your blueberry sauce. Dust with powdered sugar for an added pop!
- Serving options: serve with sliced bananas and 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips added to the batter for the kiddos.
- Serve with sliced bananas or fresh strawberries, syrup, fresh mint, and dust with powdered sugar.