Crepes Au Chocolat
Inspired from the summer we spent in the south of France, this has become a favorite weekend brunch or special treat in our home...kiddos can't get enough of them!
8-10 crepe depending on size
- 1 Cup All-Purpose flour
- 2 Large eggs
- 1/2 Cup water
- 3/4 Cup Milk
- 3 Tbsp. of butter melted
- Canola spray and butter for pan
Filling and topping:
- 1/2 Cup Israeli chocolate spread (dairy & nut-free) or Nutella
- 2 Bananas- sliced
- 1-2 Tbsp. Sifted powdered sugar or a drizzle of chocolate syru
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine all of your ingredients (except butter or spray for pan)
- Whisk until a smooth batter has formed.
- Cover and set in refrigerator for 1 hour. This helps the bubbles to subside.
- Heat a medium non stick pan( like an omelet pan) over medium heat, and spray lightly.
Add a small bit of butter to coat pan and add 1/4 Cup batter to pan, then quickly lift from heat and carefully swirl your pan around to get batter to coat entire pan evenly, This should be a thin layer in pan now.
- Cook for about 30 seconds and flip carefully, and cook for another 15-20 seconds. ( I like to use a rubber spatula to left edge of the crepe and flip with my hand quickly)
- When they look light and golden, remove from pan and place on a cutting board.
Make sure they are all flat when stacked to cool, or use immediately for your dish.
- Your batter can be kept for up to 48 hours in refrigerator.
- You can make all of the crepes and store in parchment paper stacked flat in a zip-lock for easy reheat.
- To reheat-spray a medium shallow non stick pan lightly with canola spray and place your crepe in pan over medium heat for 1-2 minutes, flipping to heat both sides evenly.