BLT Eggs Benedict
This spin on the brunch classic is perfect for you BLT
lovers and a dish that is hard to resist!
30 - 45 Min
- 8 Large eggs - room temp
- 1 Recipe of Hollandaise sauce
- 4 English muffins
- 8 Slices of good country style bacon
- 1 Ripe avocado-pitted and peeled- Cut into 3/4” slices
- 2 Ripe Roma tomatoes-halved
- 2 Tbsp. Salted butter
- 2 Tsp. of white wine vinegar
- 1/2 Fresh lemon
- Smoked paprika for garnish
- 1 Tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Prepare your Hollandaise sauce and set aside. You can re-heat just before serving and add a splash of milk to smooth out if too thick.
- Place bacon slices in a single layer on a large baking sheet and place it in the oven on middle shelf.
- Cook for about 10 minutes or until bacon is nice and crispy. Remove from oven when done, and set aside slices on a paper towel lined plate to absorb excess oil.
- Heat a large deep skillet -3/4 full with water on medium-high heat.
- Add vinegar and bring to a simmer.(The vinegar keeps the eggs together as you poach them)
- One at a time, gently break an egg into a small dish and slowly slip the egg into the skillet, being careful not to over-crowd the eggs.
- With eggs around the edge of the skillet, repeat the process with remaining eggs.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer until eggs are set, around 3 minutes.
- Carefully remove eggs from heat, then remove each egg from the pan with a large slotted spoon and onto a plate lined with a paper towel to absorb excess moisture.
- Lightly toast your English muffins and set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add butter and oil, add avocado slices and sear for 2 minutes, flipping once- until brown on each side.
- Remove to a plate.
- Add oil to the pan and place the tomato slices cut side down on medium-high and sear for abut 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Place 2 open halves of English muffins on 4 plates.
- Break each slice of bacon in half and place 2 paces of bacon on each muffin half.
- Place your seared avocado slices on top of the bacon. You can serve your seared tomato on the side.
- Carefully place 1 poached egg on top of each stack.
- Garnish with Hollandaise sauce, a few pinches of smoked paprika.
- Season with salt and pepper, and serve with a simple Butter lettuce side salad tossed with French balsamic vinaigrette and fresh grated Parmesan cheese.
or go classic with Canadian bacon.